Service Desk Team Leader
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000Apply for this role
Service Desk Team Leader
As Service Desk Team Leader, you will manage your team's day-to-day operations, coaching team members in understanding how to address various types of questions from users who are experiencing difficulties.
Your primary responsibility is customer service and fostering a customer focused approach within the team. Your team needs to be knowledgeable about service desk tools and software, and you will be committed to delivering service improvement.
You will be responsible for maintaining sufficient staffing levels, for developing skills and for motivating team members to deliver high quality and consistent support services.
What we've got to offer
- Base salary of £30,000 - £35,000
- 32 days holiday with the ability to purchase up to 10 more
- Private Health insurance, with Mental Health Cover included
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours to suit you, promoting a healthy work/ life balance
- Small touches- gaming and social area, unlimited Nespresso coffee, soft drinks, and breakfast
- Personal development plan with funded training and accreditations
- Gain hands-on experience with world-class technologies
Your duties will include:
- Manage the delivery of service desk processes
- Monitor response times and user satisfaction levels
- Monitor issue resolution and liaise with stakeholders
- Assure that appointments agreed by engineers are adhered to
- Improve techniques and practices for managing client queries, troubleshooting and incident prioritization and resolution.
- Plan resource levels to meet requirements of projects and BAU
- Maintain employee work schedules including job rotation, assignments, training and annual leave, remote working, absence cover, and overtime schedules.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Complete bi-annual Performance and Development reviews with team members that provide an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution, including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Proactively manage client support issues and escalate as appropriate to the Incident and Escalation Manager.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- ITIL Foundation qualification.
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Experience of working in a Managed Service Provider
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear concise manner
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage and prioritise team workload
- Good knowledge of user support, service delivery, incident management and relationship management
- Must hold a full clean Driving Licence
An enthusiasm for new technology with an interest in learning about new trends and technology and how they can be applied at a practical level would be advantageous.
At razorblue, we stay ahead of the curve, adopting the latest technologies and working in partnership with industry-leading suppliers and products. Technology is imperative to the success of every business, regardless of size or sector. The wave of digital transformation and workplace modernisation is one of the driving factors of our continued growth (35% year-on-year).
Through our quality-driven approach, outstanding service delivery and commitment to our clients, we provide IT solutions and support to over 500 businesses across the UK.
Believing in the importance of a human-approach to business, we invest heavily in the development and growth of our teams. Working for razorblue provides excellent opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
Over the years, we have cultivated a culture of professionalism, development and teamwork that empowers each of our employees. We strive to maintain a positive approach to all aspects of working life, promoting a healthy work/life balance and equal opportunities.
If you think you've got what it takes to work with us, we'd love to hear from you.