Service Desk Team Leader
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000Apply for this role
Launched in 2006, razorblue is an IT solution provider Head Quartered in the North East supporting businesses across the UK. With 7 offices and 100+ staff we offer clients a genuine 24/7 support service through our own internal service desk, implementation team, software developers and cabling engineers.
As Service Desk Team Leader, you will manage your team’s day-to-day operations, coaching team members in understanding how to address various types of questions from users who are experiencing difficulties.
Your primary responsibility is customer service and fostering a customer focused approach within the team. Your team needs to be knowledgeable about service desk tools and software, and you will be committed to delivering service improvement.
You will be responsible for maintaining sufficient staffing levels, for developing skills and for motivating team members to deliver high quality and consistent support services.
Your duties will include:
- Manage the delivery of service desk processes
- Monitor response times and user satisfaction levels
- Monitor issue resolution and liaise with stakeholders
- Assure that appointments agreed by engineers are adhered to
- Improve techniques and practices for managing client queries, troubleshooting and incident prioritization and resolution.
- Plan resource levels to meet requirements of projects and BAU
- Maintain employee work schedules including job rotation, assignments, training and annual leave, remote working, absence cover, and overtime schedules.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Complete bi-annual Performance and Development reviews with team members that provide an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution, including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Proactively manage client support issues and escalate as appropriate to the Incident and Escalation Manager.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- ITIL Foundation qualification.
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Experience of working in a Managed Service Provider
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear concise manner
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage and prioritise team workload
- Good knowledge of user support, service delivery, incident management and relationship management
What we've got to offer
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic and flexible working environment
- 32 days holiday (inc bank holidays) and the ability to purchase up to an additional 10 days per annum
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Free breakfast, fruit, nespresso coffee, tea and soft drinks
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- A company phone which can be used for personal use
- A company credit card so you're never left out of pocket
If you think you've got what it takes to work with us, we'd love to hear from you.